Thursday 12 March 2009

Well, i'll go to the foot of our stairs!


...this came from the lovely 'Comedy Goddess'.


I can't do links, but she's there on my followers and you must visit her if you haven't already.

You're missing a treat.


I think it's a 'meme'.


But i'm going with the flow here, so bear with me.


The idea of this is to google your name and post the results.


'Shakespeare's Housekeeper' came up with a result i wasn't expecting.


Apparently, in Shakespeares day, a housekeeper didn't mean some one who cleaned the loos and picked up dirty underwear.


A housekeeper in those times was someone who OWNED the theatre- they actually were the keeper of the house. They shared out the money from the performances, paid the actors and took their share.


Really, i shouldn't be that suprised.

Because i already know i'm the keeper of the house.


Now, i feel that all my bloggy buddies are sick to the back gnashers of me putting them forwards for these things- but- i would love some of you to google your own names and let me know what you come up with.

Go on!!!!


Shakespeare's Housekeeper....really, i am. xx

5 comments:

  1. As soon as I figure out how to give an award...you're getting one little lady.

    It's the least I can do.

    Maybe you can tell me what it takes to "care for a man". Cuz, seriously, I DO NOT GET IT.

    I don't. It's so sad. I keep thinking that the man is supposed to take care of me.

    Dear God. I'm so screwed.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you found your name's confirmation! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a great name for this. I will google Cassandra and get back to you, my dear. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quite certain I know what my blog name means...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charmaine...you are a sweetie.
    There are many times i wish i didn't care for my man- like you, i really want my man to care for me! But hey, i signed the contract. That's that.
    Just grab a shag when you can, and fork out for a handyman if something breaks.
    I would in another life....actually, i do that now.
    Love you too!

    CG, thanks! it was fun looking.

    Cassandra- thank god for the internet.

    Scandalous Housewife- welcome aboard! glad to make your aquaintance. Your name....does what it says on the tin, eh!

    SHxxx

    ReplyDelete

Your words are every bit as important as Mr Shakespeares.
Put some of them together, and leave me a comment...but don't worry if it takes me a few days to get round to reading them- i have nine jobs and a writer who needs me!

Popular Posts